Thursday, July 12, 2012

#97 of 365: Portrait of Patrick Goodman


This one was really fun!

Patrick Goodman is constantly on his iPhone, both for business and pleasure, and this shot
was his idea. To execute it, I took a shot of him in my signature style, cropped it in
Photoshop Elements, then emailed it to him. He put it on the screen, enlarged it another
little bit on the device, then I talked him through positioning it just right in front of his
face. It turned out just about perfectly. It really looks like theres a hole in his iPhone.

To get the depth of field I needed to get sharp focus on both eyes, I shot at f/16 at
a very slow 1/6th of a second. Even so, it came out about two stops dark, which
I corrected in Photoshop. Thanks for a very creative idea, Patrick!

Patrick's business website is http://www.redeapp.com/. You can follow him on
Twitter at: @marketingmusing.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lance. Enjoyed working with you. The final product looks great.
    Cheers! - Patrick

    ReplyDelete